This question has been flagged

Hi,

as it is common in some companies, we have approx. more than 50 different kind of documents which should automatically filled with odoo data (documents for customs, notifications, fright-papers, supporting documents and more).

As I can see Odoo emphasizes the "ease of making own reports". But honestly, I really don't understand why it is easy - it is rather inconvenient :(. How long will it take till I teach our ordinary office clerks the Odoo QWeb Template Language so that they can design all the necessary templates? They are no programmers. I can't design all the 50 templates either, because my time is necessary for more complicated programming tasks.

Earlier in openerp 5, there was a simple and effective WYSIWYG Editor solution. By using an Open Office Plugin, any inexperienced employee is able to create a template, by just drag&dropping placeholders on a document. These placeholders will be automatically filled with real odoo record data then (I mean purchase orders, pickings and so on.. ). Now with Odoo this plugin doesn't work anymore.

Can somebody explain me why odoo didn't thought of an easy placeholder drag&drop solution? How are you doing it in your companies? Thanks!

Discard