Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Wrong qty in location for product using update qty wizard

on 1/29/16, 5:38 AM 545 views

Hello Odooers.

while upadting the product qty from update qty wizard from the product form view i have selected wrong location and qty entered in that location.

I can i change that location?

Thanks In advance!

Hardikgiri Goswami

--Hardikgiri Goswami--
| 2 1 5
Rajkot, India
--Hardikgiri Goswami--

OpenERP/Odoo Customization/Integration Expert / Python Programmer

Skype ID : hardikgiri.goswami

Hardikgiri Goswami
On 1/29/16, 5:55 AM

Hi OC,

Yes, you can change that location.

But the difference is that, That qty will not in the "Stock" Location. It will be in other location. for availability in the stock you have to create a internal transfer for that product from your wrong location to Stock location.

Dr Obx
On 2/9/16, 5:44 AM

The best option IMHO is just move it from "wrong location" into correct one using Stock Move.

There is a few other ways to do it but this one is definitely the most appropriate.

On 2/9/16, 5:20 AM

Hi OC,

W.r.t your query, I have gone through it and tried to replicate it. Few recommendations which I would like to suggest you are :-

1) When updating product quantity in the update wizard, from the product form and if the wrong location is chosen then the action cannot be reverted back.

2) The only thing which is possible, to get the quantity placed in the correct location is by transferring the quantity from wrong location to correct location through STOCK MOVES

3) This can be done by following Warehouse>Traceability>Stock Moves

For Eg. If we have a product “NILIM THINK PAD” and we were required to update the inventory in the location WH/Stock but by mistake we have updated the inventory in the location Chic/Stock. As the action can be reverted hence what we can do I by creating a stock move.

In the screenshots links as provided below,you can see that we have entered the wrong location in the field “Source Location” and the correct location in the field “Destination Location”.In the other two fields, one is the “Quantity” of the product you want to transfer and “Picking Type” is from where you want to pick the moved quantity.

Refer this link for screenshot  :- http://prntscr.com/a0xgr1

4) After processing the stock move, we can view that 100 quantity of the product as highlighted below have been transferred from Source Location to Destination Location

Refer this link for screenshot  :- http://prntscr.com/a0xhj8

5)No you go back to the product creation form and check if the quantity has moved from the desired location and also if the inventory has been updated or not

Hope it helps!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 1/29/16, 5:38 AM
Seen: 545 times
Last updated: 2/29/16, 6:40 AM