Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Wrong location in purchase order / quotation created by the Scheduler

By
Marko Happonen
on 6/19/14, 2:45 PM 1,438 views

Hello Experts,

I have following scenario:

- Two shops that are assigned to two different warehouses and location (WH1/LOC1 and WH2/LOC2)

- I enter two sales order, one for WH1 and another for WH2, each having one line with the same product PRODUCT1

- I've mainteind re-ordering rules for the PRODUCT1 for both Warehouses. I'm not using any push or pull rules.

- After saving the sales orders I get two Scheduler Procurement exceptions "Procurement 'PRODUCT1' is in exception: Not enough stock.", one for each sales order / product line. Exceptions have different destination locations LOC1 and LOC2 when displaying them.

So far so good. When I run scheduler i get only one purchase quotation which have only one item with LOC2 in it and quantity is sum of the two exceptions i.e. Scheduler is merging the purchase requisitions to one. How would you be able to create two purchase quotations with different (destination) locations LOC1 and LOC2? I used scheduler with option "

I found related bug and looks like this is still not solved:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1094400

Your views are highly appreciated.

EDIT: I used Procurement method 'or order' in sales order and got two different purchase requisitions with LOC1 and LOC2, just like I wanted basically. Question still is whether you really have to have this 'on order' setting flagged?

Are your products Make to Order?

Josse Colpaert (jco)
on 6/19/14, 5:02 PM

On order makes it 'make to order' so something is probably still wrong with your reordering rules.

Josse Colpaert (jco)
on 6/19/14, 5:35 PM
Marko Happonen
On 6/20/14, 7:48 AM

I think I found a solution. I use still the original settings (re-ordering rules, make to stock procurement etc.). But instead of using Scheduler I used Procurement Exception report and use option "Compute Stock Minimum Rules Only" with "Automatic orderpoint" option. After this I got two purchase quotations with two different destination locations just as I wanted. The reordering rules were also considered ok. I still could not quite figure out the difference between Scheduler and Procurement Exception functionality in this context. Maybe somebody could clarify the use cases for these.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/19/14, 2:45 PM
Seen: 1438 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM