Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Workaround for Unit of Measure category change restriction?

By
Kevin Shenk
on 5/24/13, 4:15 PM 4,606 views

I have a large number of products entered into our OpenERP v7 database that need to be altered from using the 'Unit(s)' UOM to specific weight or volume UOMs. When I try to make this change, either from the standard form or using mass_edit, I get the following error:

Unit of Measure categories Mismatch!

New Unit of Measure 'oz' must belong to same Unit of Measure category 'Unit' as of old Unit of Measure 'Unit(s)'. If you need to change the unit of measure, you may deactivate this product from the 'Procurements' tab and create a new one.

Is there any way around this? I don't understand the reasons for the restriction. What are the implications of forcibly changing the UOM in the database?

Would like to know also, are some dependencies reason to block such a change?

wjn
on 6/7/13, 2:51 PM

when you change the unit of mesure, what will you do with the quantity?

Med Said BARA
on 4/4/14, 11:31 PM
Weste
On 4/4/14, 1:03 PM

I think the reason is for stock calculation. If you change the UoM type during the product's lifetime, you can have several stock moves with different UoM types. You can't sum KG and PCE, so OE wouldn't be able to calculate the available stock.

Med Said BARA

--Med Said BARA--
| 5 5 7
Algeria
--Med Said BARA--
Med Said BARA
On 4/5/14, 11:25 PM

See what this module can do Product UOM Update

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/24/13, 4:15 PM
Seen: 4606 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM