This question has been flagged
10 Replies

Hi,

please can you help me, I'm unable to figure out the problem.

# uname -a : 
Linux usve59166 2.6.32-042stab092.3 #1 SMP Sun Jul 20 13:27:24 MSK 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release -a: 
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS
Release:        12.04
Codename:       precise

# which wkhtmltopdf
/usr/local/bin/wkhtmltopdf

# wkhtmltopdf -V
wkhtmltopdf 0.12.1 (with patched qt)

wkthmlto* files have also been copied to /usr/bin

Odoo:
Key webkit_path
Value /usr/local/bin

log_level = error shows no relevant log entries

Can anybody help finding the cause?

Thanks in advance

Discard
Author

ps no ability to go on 14.04

Hi. I also had issues with wkhtmltopdf for your case, just simlink ln -s /usr/loca/bin/wkhtmltopdf /usr/bin/wkhtmltopdf. If this fails use the 0.9 version of wkhtmltopdf, it workerd for me: https://wkhtmltopdf.googlecode.com/files/wkhtmltopdf-0.9.9-static-amd64.tar.bz2 just untar and place in in /usr/bin

Author Best Answer

Thanks for your replies, I'll consolidate the answer:

As Matthias:

The Odoo path in the startupscript seems the relevant factor, as I read in other posts, configuring the webkit_path in odoo is just something legacy and only valid info for some part of the odoo code. It seems that the rest goes for the PATH variable...

This is why either

• symlinking,
  • copying or
  • changing the path variable works.

Chowning might be necessary.

I reported at one point that a reboot did not solve it, after completing those steps. After a day it worked. I'm not sure where was the whichdoctor about this fact and I'm about to believe that he was in my head. or somwhere in the runlevels, or...

Discard
Best Answer

Follow below steps and ,  Restart the system it will work

1) Download wkhtmltopdf version from wkhtmltopdf.org depend on your system arch (32 or 64 bit)

wget wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/wkhtmltopdf/0.12.1/wkhtmltox-0.12.1_linux-trusty-amd64.deb

2) Install the package using commnad :

sudo dpkg -i wkhtmltox-0.12.1_linux-trusty-amd64.deb 

3) Copy binary or wkhtmltopdf to /usr/bin location from ./usr/local/bin use command

sudo cp /usr/local/bin/wkhtmltopdf /usr/bin/

4) Restart Odoo server and try once again.

Discard
Author

is it right to get the trusty package for a precise ubuntu? restart system? = reboot server? or restart odoo service?

I got this same issue ,but after restarting my system it will works properly, need restart odoo service also

Author

negative, a server reboot didn't do the magic...

Are you working with an auto-start of odoo-server on system boot? If yes, pleas be shure that the path in startup-script look like this: PATH=/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin If not, you can try to make a copy of the wkhtmltopdf inside your odoo-path and chown it to odoo and change the value in configuration.

Best Answer

I had the same issue simply :

to solve wkhtmltopdf issue (report are empty or version error) use this :
sudo wget http://jaist.dl.sourceforge.net/project/wkhtmltopdf/0.12.1/wkhtmltox-0.12.1_linux-trusty-amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i wkhtmltox-0.12.1_linux-trusty-amd64.deb
sudo cp /usr/local/bin/wkhtmltopdf /usr/bin
sudo cp /usr/local/bin/wkhtmltoimage /usr/bin

Then restart server , should work

Discard
Best Answer

Hello 

Please follow below step:

Download wkhtmltopdf patched with qt using below command

- sudo wget -P Downloads https://github.com/wkhtmltopdf/wkhtmltopdf/releases/download/0.12.1/wkhtmltox-0.12.1_linux-trusty-amd64.deb

Here, replace "trusty" with your OS name and if 64 bit only then keep "amd64" like that , otherwise change it to "i386" and down load the deb file.

After that execute the following commands,

- cd ~/Downloads

- sudo dpkg -i wkhtmltox-0.12.1_linux-trusty-amd64.deb

Now, check wkhtmltopdf version with below command,

- wkhtmltopdf -V

Hope above step help full.

Best Thanks,

Ankit H Gandhi.

Discard