This question has been flagged
1 Reply

wkhtmltopdf fails on odoo v9 reporting that it needs a special build of wkhtmltopdf with patched qt code. This was a long standing problem with v8 and everyone hoped that problem would be solved with the move to v9. This problem is still with us, using v9 and the latest versions of wkhtltopdf and ubuntu this old problem occurs. Is anyone out there looking at the problem so that odoo can run using stock third party applications rather than hacked up versions? 

Discard

Are you using version wkhtmltox-0.12.1 ?

Author

I'm using version 0.12.2.4

Do you have the same problem (whatever that is? "fails" is a bit vague for me to guess what might be happening) with 0.12.1 ?

Author

The error message I get is "Wkhtmltopdf failed (error code: -6). Message: The switch --header-spacing, is not support using unpatched qt, and will be ignored.The switch --header-html, is not support using unpatched qt, and will be ignored.The switch --footer-html, is not support using unpatched qt, and will be ignored.QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display" I used to get this with V8, and hoped that it had "gone away" with the move over to V9.

Do you get this error message with 0.12.1 also?

Author

It does work if you download the 0.12.1 version from the wkhtmltopdf website, but that is now a very old version. Many new users will odoo from the .deb file, try to print an invoice, find wkhtmltopdf is missing, do "sudo apt-get install wkhtmltopdf" and find it's not working using the latest stock builds. Lots of people won't go beyond that. They're people interested in running their business, not the finer points of versions of wkhtmltopdf. So, going back to my original question - Is anyone looking into updating odoo 9 to use the stock wkhtmltopdf rather than the old patched versions? Thanks

It helps always to read the docs. Odoo tells exactly which version to use, see https://www.odoo.com/documentation/9.0/setup/install.html . This is the same as for Python and for nodejs for example.