Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Wizard Open ERP and data saved

By
John
on 5/15/13, 5:50 AM 2,379 views

Hello,

I've a wizard into my module. This wizard is used to make an action that doesn't need to save its data. Is there a way to prevent sving data into db?

Thanks

Brett Lehrer

--Brett Lehrer--
| 5 4 8
Milwaukee, United States
--Brett Lehrer--
Director of IT and open source enthusiast.
Brett Lehrer
On 5/15/13, 3:51 PM

It may need to save data temporarily to function alongside the rest of the system, that's inevitable. osv_memory models will automatically be pruned from the database over time, based on the configuration settings 'osv_memory_age_limit' and 'osv_memory_count_limit'. This is run by a regularly scheduled action, 'AutoVacuum osv_memory objects'.

If you really want to ensure that any written data is cleared after execution you could manually unlink the ids created before returning the empty dictionary to close the wizard, but that's generally unnecessary.

thanks for your answer same conclusion that mine :)

John
on 5/16/13, 5:51 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/15/13, 5:50 AM
Seen: 2379 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM