This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I'm having troubles using the AD server for the LDAP modules in a Windows 2008 install for OpenERP 7.0 allinone.

I've configured the LDAP module settings but am not getting an error message whatsoever when trying to authenticate against the AD server - no timeouts, errors - nothing.

I stumbled across a need to install the python-ldap. How can I do this when I don't know where Python is installed on the server?

Everything else is working like a dream except for this LDAP integration which would then solve all of my needs.

Help would be very much appreaciated.

Discard
Best Answer

The PyPi index has an msi installer.

If it still doesnt work with AD's standrad port, you may wnat to try using port 3268. This is the setup that worked for me.

You might also like to now that there are community modules to keep OpenERP's users and Groups in sync with the LDAP directory.

Discard
Author Best Answer

This is now fixed.

I changed to LDAP Base to include OC=DC-NAME and also added an AD account username and password to allow OpenERP to connect to the AD.

I had assumed that like most other software that supports LDAP, OpenERP uses the login details provided by the end user to connect to the LDAP (AD) but it doesn't. It will use either the provided LDAP binddn and password or assume that the LDAP allows anonymous inspections. I don't think was clear enough in the doco upon revision, but it's still my mistake.

I hope this helps someone else.

Discard