This question has been flagged
1 Reply

postgres@siroco-erp:/opt/openerp$ sudo wget http://gdata-python-client.googlecode.com/files/gdata-2.0.17.tar.gz
[sudo] password for postgres:
postgres is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.
postgres@siroco-erp:/opt/openerp$

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Libu Koshy,

Only sudo users can have all the privilege in the ubuntu system. postgres user not have the privilege to run the above command. While executing above types of command, you have use sudo users for the security reasons. 

I think you are now installing odoo 8. before running the above command. run the exit command. 

Discard

wery wrog advice... postgres is system user, and should never be in sudoers group... same as openerp user... it is a huge security leak... rather than adding postgres to sudoers... in this case, if you are done working as postgres user, type : exit ( to exit the postgres shell and return to your normal user shell) and then use sudo to install desired packages...

I believe Remya does not give any advice. He simply points to Libu Koshy that the error is unrelated to OpenERP for that matter. I do agree with you that the postgres user should not be in the sudoers group ever.

Hi guys sorry, i just lost my connection so that i cant complete my answer.