This question has been flagged
3 Replies

hi,

i use crazy domain server for accessing erp instance

sometimes the server is offline,then i active the putty and run the server after that i will get the erp instances

whenthe putty is offline ,the server is off

please find me  a solution

Discard
Best Answer

for oddo 8.0 this is possibly the easiest way to set up a deamon:
(you might have to change the path/to/your/odoo/files)

sudo cp /opt/openerp/odoo/openerp-server /etc/init.d/openerp-server 
sudo chmod 755 /etc/init.d/openerp-server
sudo chown root: /etc/init.d/openerp-server
sudo update-rc.d openerp-server defaults
sudo service openerp-server start|stop|restart

look @ https://www.techreceptives.com/install-odoo-v8-ubuntu-14-04-lts/
or you look at https://github.com/aschenkels-ictstudio/openerp-install-scripts

Discard
Author

thank you for your support

Best Answer

Jyothi, if you run the server from command line (not as a service) from terminal and then logged out from that terminal, the OpenERP will be shut down as well because it is attached to your terminal session.  The proper way is to set up a service daemon so that OpenERP will be running as a deamon instead of in your terminal session.  If you are in a hurry, just add & at the back of the command line, it will make the command line run at the background.  But it is not recommended for long term use.

Discard
Author

thanks alot

Author Best Answer

i got the answer

If you're on Ubuntu, you can use an Upstart configuration file to autostart and manage your OpenERP instance.

Assuming you have a system user called "openerp", the following should work:

description "OpenERP 7.0" start on runlevel [2345] stop on runlevel [!2345] respawn exec su -s /bin/sh -c 'exec "$0" "$@"' openerp -- /opt/openerp/server/openerp-server -c /opt/openerp/config-server70.cfg --logfile=/opt/openerp/openerp-7.0.log $@

Adjust the config and log paths as you wish, and then save this in as /etc/init/openerp.conf.

Then, it will not only be automatically started on boot - as restarted if it dies, due to the respawn directive -, but you can also run restart openerp, stop openerp, etc instead of having to manually find the pid and kill it.

P.S.: The whole su -s /bin/sh -c exec ... is an Upstart "trick" to make OpenERP run as the "openerp" user, otherwise it would run as root!

Discard