Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why the field title does no longer exist in the partner view?

By
Wided
on 5/1/14, 10:00 AM 784 views

Hi,

There's a column 'title' in the 'res_partner' table, but I can't find this field in the partner view.

Did I miss something or the field doesn't really exist?

Nehal

--Nehal--
| 5 2 8
Ahmadabad, India
--Nehal--
Nehal
On 5/1/14, 10:20 AM

Hi,

Title field will be available only for partners for which "Is company" set as False.

For reference , see the screenshot @ http://awesomescreenshot.com/0e32qnd36e

Thanks for your answer, but when "is company" is false, I can choose a contact title not a company title. How can I have a company title (when the field "is company" is true)?

Wided
on 5/1/14, 12:09 PM

What would you store in this company title field? Why can you not use the NAME field?

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 5/1/14, 4:13 PM

I would store the legal form of the company. Even in the demo data there are two lines : Corp. and ltd. Why do they fill those lines if we can't use them?

Wided
on 5/2/14, 5:49 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/1/14, 10:00 AM
Seen: 784 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM