Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

why special columns are not handled as other fields ?

By
Michel Meyer
on 2/3/14, 5:41 AM 754 views

Hi,

All models have some special fields, like write_date, create_date, id,...

But I have some issues with these fields:

• There's no ir.model.fields entry for them, so we can't have a reference to them
  • If I inherit a model in a specific module and explicitly specify them, they will be accessible as ir.field but if I remove this module, OpenERP will remove these fields on the database (and not on the model...)

Is there any solution to have a reference on ir.model.fields to them and keep them even if the module that use this reference is removed ?

Med Said BARA

--Med Said BARA--
| 5 5 7
Algeria
--Med Said BARA--
Med Said BARA
On 2/3/14, 8:16 AM

Hello; When it's an inherited columns, i think we must put a constraint on it ( like ON DELETE NO ACTION and ON UPDATE SET NULL ......)

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/3/14, 5:41 AM
Seen: 754 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM