This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I downloaded and unzipped both "label - Partner labels" here and "sale_report_html - Sale Report HTML" here to /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons, ran 'service openerp restart' then ran Settings, Update Modules List. "Number of modules added :" reports 0 and neither module can be found under Settings, Modules.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

A simple question, did you have unzip your downloaded files which is a zip file ?

You do not explain this step in your explanation.

No reason to do it in this case but perhaps restart openerp server too.

UPDATE : ok, did you download module for version 6.1 ?

If yes it is possible that it comes from extra addons, for a few modules in this extra addons, this is the same than for version 6.0 or 5.0.

Then you have 3 things to verify in your module :

veryfy you have good rights for your downloaded modules.

in the module dit you have a file __openerp__py ? If not and you have instead __terp__.py your module will not be visible, rename it by __openerp__.py but I don't think the module will work.

Third, verify in file __openerp__.py if option installable is True.

I see any other reason for the moment.

Hope this will help and work.

Bye

Discard
Author

Thanks for your question! I've updated my answer. (Normally questions would be added to a topic as comments (grin.))

Hi, I update my answer too with 3 new possibilities to verify, see section UPDATE. Bye

Author

Thanks for the time and guidance!

Version 6.0 and trunk respectively. Rights/permissions "chown -R root.root". __terp__.py in sale_report_html renamed. '"installable":True' everywhere.

Your time and assistance have paid off! Both modules appear.

Glorious day!

Good news. Bye

Author

Thinking back over this issue, I realize the answer is yours. Just don't forget to

root@QnD:/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons# chmod a+rx -R label sale_report_html

Author Best Answer

Thanks greatly to @GEM for their hard work, but; I just discovered none of that was the solution. Though @GEM did touch on it by saying "veryfy you have good rights for your downloaded modules." Sadly, my answer 'Rights/permissions "chown -R root.root"' did not address the real problem.

When unzipping the applications their permissions were set by unzip to be "drwx------". The fix to the problem was:

root@QnD:/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons# chmod a+rx -R label sale_report_html

Discard
Author

It's really too bad there can't be two accepted answers.