Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why Odoo use select for share Query to retrieve any data ? Due to this serialize access is there.

By
Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
on 8/23/14, 2:37 AM 4,686 views

Hi,

I have face so many times serialize access error. And I have also seen that it is due to query like SELECT .... FOR SHARE. we can also see into log.

TransactionRollbackError: could not serialize access due to concurrent update CONTEXT: SQL statement "SELECT 1 FROM ONLY "public"."res_users" x WHERE "id" OPERATOR(pg_catalog.=) $1 FOR SHARE OF x"

Why Odoo / OpenERP use SELECT .... FOR SHARE query to retrieve data ?

What version/revision is that on?

Brett Lehrer
on 9/13/14, 11:43 AM

I've noticed this same issue several times before, I don't know where the FOR SHARE context comes from though. It's always on res_users, too.

Brett Lehrer
on 9/13/14, 11:59 AM

Thanks a lot for support this question. I have found that this is an issue from the beginning of the openerp till now. Why it is used ? and what is the benefit of this ? I dont know.

Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
on 9/15/14, 12:37 AM

A possible solution: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/transactionrollbackerror-a-possible-solution-69070

Med Said BARA
on 11/30/14, 7:35 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

6 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/23/14, 2:37 AM
Seen: 4686 times
Last updated: 2/18/16, 7:22 PM