This question has been flagged
4 Replies

can any body tell me a in a good way?
what is logic behind Odoo Release to Early, (with-in the period of one year)?

after a Odoo 8 launch Odoo 9 and Odoo 10 now going to Release Odoo 11

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Usman,

Actually, Odoo does not release to early. This is just the way they work and how fast their release cycle is. On average you can expect one new Odoo version every year.
The idea behind this is that if they have a quite rapid release cycle that they can shift and change much faster than competitors such as NAV, SAP, ... They basically want to evolve and change faster than the competition.

Regards,
Yenthe

Discard
Author

the competition meaning is (the Game never End)...

so every year Odoo Release it's new Version ?

Yep it is a never ending 'game'. And yes on average it is one version per year, it is almost always 12-14 months.

Best Answer

i don't know, how tech guys we need some stable platform to develop, and they does not maintain the api or let the migration easy between versions, May be is great idea envolve so fast but they make the old versions no useful because we have to develop everithing again for the new one, that is not against the competitors, is againts the comunity of developers that make them grow in the system platforms ecosystem.
Is only my unrelevant opinion, have a nice day.

Discard

If Odoo is such a good product today, it's because it has evolved fast in the past. We know it's not easy for the community to follow, here is what we do to help:

- migration of customers are free as part of Odoo Enterprise subscription, and custom modules very cheap (800€ / 1000 lines of code)

- we have implementation methodologies for partners explaining why and how you should reduce custom developments as much as you can in project (for the good of the customers interest)