Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why no break down in Delivery Order for Phantom Sets of Phantom Sets

By
Gilles Lehoux
on 1/29/14, 1:37 AM 1,086 views

I've created a product with a BOM of type Phantom Set. Each item in this BOM is a product with a BOM of type Phantom Set. I create a Sales Order for the top level Phantom Set. I expect the Delivery Order to show the items of all Phantom Sets. In other words, the delivery order will break apart all Phantom Sets down to the Non-Phantom level. What I get is a break down of only the first, the top, level phantom set.

If this is a problem with the configuration of either the system or of the BOMs then what do I need to change?

For example.

• Product "Nuts and Bolts". BOM items are "Nuts" and "Bolts". Phantom Set
  • Product "Nuts". BOM items are "Nut #1" and "Nut #4". Phantom Set
  • Product "Bolts". BOM items are "Bolt #1" and "Bolt #4". Phantom Set
  • Product "Nut #1". No BOM
  • Product "Nut #4". No BOM
  • Product "Bolt #1". No BOM
  • Product "Bolt #4". No BOM

If I sell product "Nuts and Bolts" then I would expect a Delivery Order to list "Nut #1" and so forth.

Gilles Lehoux

--Gilles Lehoux--
| 5 4 7
St-Eustache, Canada
--Gilles Lehoux--

Gilles Lehoux
On 2/2/14, 8:03 PM

It seems that there is an additional step required in order for Phantom Sets to work in delivery orders. The obvious step is to set any BOM to Phantom as appropriate. The additional step is described in this answer to another question. It's the part where you go to Manufacturing > Config > BOM Components

https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/28105?answer=28106#post-id-28106

I don't understand what this does or what it means but it seems to do the trick. I wish someone would edit my answer or write a better one to explain what is happening.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/29/14, 1:37 AM
Seen: 1086 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM