This question has been flagged

MY PURPOSE

I'm trying to use security rules to achieve the following purpose:

I need to add in users model a field which will set which warehouses each user can modify. This is because I want to hide the stock moves you aren't allowed to see (stock moves of other warehouses).

WHAT I DID

I've created a Many2many field named allowed_warehouses in res.users model. From here, the administrator can select which warehouses can be used by each user.

Then, I took advantage of the existing fields of Odoo, stock.move model has a Many2one field named picking_type_id, pointing to stock.picking.type model. And stock.picking.typemodel has a Many2one field named warehouse_id, pointing to stock.warehouse.

So the rule was easy in theory:

<record model="ir.rule" id="poc_stock_move_allowed_warehouses">
    <field name="name">stock.move: interaction only allowed if warehouse matches</field>
    <field name="model_id" ref="stock.model_stock_move"/>
    <field name="domain_force">[('picking_type_id.warehouse_id', 'in', user.allowed_warehouses.mapped('id'))]</field>
    <field name="perm_read" eval="True"/>
    <field name="perm_write" eval="True"/>
    <field name="perm_create" eval="True"/>
    <field name="perm_unlink" eval="True"/>
</record>

With this rule, I expected users to see only the stock moves of their allowed warehouses.

THE RESULT

Everything was working almost OK, and I say almost because some weird things are breaking down all the development. For example, I'm allowed to use all the warehouses, and I create a new picking with one stock move, this move has the Product A. I save, and everything goes fine. But if I do exactly the same but choosing Product B instead, I got an access error just after clicking on Save button, so I can't see the moves of that picking anymore. It seems that the move is forbidden for me (despite I should be seeing it), but not! If I go to look for this move in other view (for example in the Traceability > Stock Moves menu), I can see the move in the tree view, and open its form view with no errors! And if I modify the move in PostgreSQL and replace Product B with Product A, I can see the move from the picking view... Of course, if I remove my rule and restart the service, I can see the move in the picking view it doesn't matter if the product is A or B.

MY CONCLUSION

There must be some field in Product B which is shooting my rule, but I can't understand that because my rule is not affected by product fields, and if it was, why can I see the move in some views and not in other ones?

Please, can anyone help me with at least an idea, I'm running out of them!

Discard