This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi,

Why is the Quote counter ticking (changing) as soon as you press the quote button. It ticking even if you don't write and save a quote, you just need to press the quote button and the step back and it's an new no. for next quote.. Why is it like this, and is there any way to change this..?

And how are you able to reset the counter to start for one again..

Note, all this apply even for sales order etc.

Please help any one to fix this..? /M

Discard
Best Answer

This is to support multiple people pressing the quote button at the same time and guarantee they will all have unique numbered quotes when they save.

Sequences are maintained via the menu sequence:

Settings --> Technical --> Sequences and Identifiers --> Sequences.

Discard
Author

Thanks I have found and tried this, but I'm not able to save the new number that i have entered, when you pres save and look again it's the same high no..? Any solution for this?.. And would there be any "bypass" workaround to disable the function for security that you described above?

Best Answer

Are you doing that in 6.1? Because as I know in v7.0 that's not happening anymore.

Anyways I can explain you. When you see the code of sale.order. there is _defaults={} and there is calling the get funcion of ir.sequence. That's why when you open a new form even if you are not saving that it's automatically incremented.

You can change it by code so it's not going to happen. Maybe you can override the write and there you can assign the new sequence.

Discard
Author

Yes I'm using version 7..

Author

The big question is still how to reset it so it starts from 1 again, the above location of the setting seams to be correct but I'm not able to change the new setting.

That's strange, usually you can change the next_number in sales order. When you save it, does it return to the old number?

Author

Yes, exactly..

Author Best Answer

Hi, Yes I'm using version 7..

Discard