Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why is the field "Title" restricted to users with Technical Features enabled?

By
wjn
on 4/9/13, 6:16 PM 1,951 views

As stated above, the field "Title" of a contact (where you can choose Mr., Mrs., etc.) is restricted to users of the groep "base.group_no_one". (Which is the ID of the Technical Features group.)

Code of this field:

<field name="title" domain="[('domain', '=', 'contact')]" groups="base.group_no_one" options="{"no_open": True}" attrs="{'invisible': [('is_company','=', True)]}"/>

Lorenzo Cabrini
On 4/10/13, 1:25 AM

You can both set and create titles in the contact form as a non-technical user. What is hidden from users that are not in the Technical Features Group is the menu option Sales > Configuration > Address Book > Contact Titles (along with all the other menu options under Configuration).

I haven't yet grepped through the code to search for the XML you included. Are you sure that belongs to the contacts form and not something else?

Yes, 100% sure. It makes no sense to me also.

wjn
on 4/13/13, 10:54 AM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 4/10/13, 12:19 AM

Where are you finding this?

None the 29 standard form views or 7 standard tree views in OpenERP have this restriction.

It makes no sense (as you are probably suggesting in your post).

I am wondering if a custom module added it, or a power user did, or you are using an older build which had this in by mistake (but I didn't see a bug report for it).

Module Sales > Customer, then click on a customer (which is not marked as company).

wjn
on 4/13/13, 11:03 AM

I updated on 4-4-2013 with bzr update and started openerp-server with option “--update=all", should be allright.

wjn
on 4/13/13, 11:07 AM

Only thing else installed what can be the cause, is a module to split the name into lastname and firstname: Partner first name, last name, https://code.launchpad.net/~partner-contact-core-editors/partner-contact-management/7.0

wjn
on 4/13/13, 11:33 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/9/13, 6:16 PM
Seen: 1951 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM