This question has been flagged
4 Replies

My employees sell more than one product/service but OpenErp7 allows me only to add one product/service per employee. This is not usefull at all. I dont get it why is this associated and what can I do because my employee sell all the services.

Discard
Best Answer

One suggestion I saw, that kind of explained it to me, is that every employee "product" should actually represent that employee's salary. So if you have 12 employees, they should each have a product with their exactly salary/wage as the cost.

When you invoice employee time, it can be mapped to any analytic account (training, development, etc) for tracking purposes, but every employee product gets expensed to Cost of Goods Sold (or your equivalent). And if you're invoicing customers based on timesheet data, you will probably want to use some kind of markup for sales, rather than using straight cost.

Honestly, we've found the whole HR timesheets to be very lacking in 7.0, and for our company timesheets have a very long list of "custom development required" before we can use them. But I hope the above explanation helps a bit.

Discard
Best Answer

The product you are talking about is used to compute the price of the employee when you provide services. Example : If you invoice services from timesheet, the price depends on the product linked to the employee.

Discard
Best Answer

In standard, you can assign one product with each employee. Normally, if you want your employee to be assigned to another product, this can be done at the contract level. There, you will be able to make the assignment to another product with another price. Nevertheless, at the moment, odoo does allow to have more than one product per employee per contract, but only considers the price of the first when invoicing. Nevertheless, if you have a project and have correctly defined the product per task, you will be able to update the price when creating the invoice.

This "mistake" has already been announced to odoo, so that they may correct the system to allow more than one product in the contract, but there is no date yet as per when this will be corrected.

regards

Eva P.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you very much! Now I understand the cause. I will figure it out how to work with this :)

Discard