Odoo Help

Why is the binary filename not correctly rendered in a remote distribution but it perfectly does in a local distribution?

By
Luis Masuelli
on 10/27/15, 12:24 PM 427 views

I installed openerp 7 in my local Ubuntu 12 distr0 and a 14.10 distro (server in AWS cloud). Somehow, the same code (yes, verified & versioned: the same code) in both instances does not produce the same -say- output for the exactly same database.

This comes as follows: I have a `fields.binary` widget definition like this:

<field name="ats_filename" invisible="1" />
    <field name="ats_file" string="Reporte ATS" filename="ats_filename" readonly="1" attrs="{'invisible': [('ats_file', '=', False)]}" />

And it works fine in my local distribution: When I click the widget, I download the file named as ats.xml, ats (1).xml, ats (2).xml, ...

However, when I click in the 14.10 server the exact same link (it is a download widget after all), the filename becomes something like sri_ats_2013_ (being sri.ats.2013 the module name).

What would be the reason?

**Notes**:

• I put my files in the same state as in the server (they are versioned under git, after all).

• I backed up a database and restored it in my postgres version (9.3 - both in server and in local).

• I did not update any modules in the database: the same code is running, the same code will accept the database (and so it does) without problem.

**My former hypotesis**

OE 7 had a bug which sent the Content-Disposition header twice: one with the ugly filename and one (later) with the good filename. The nginx and/or the AWS load-balancer were omitting the second Content-Disposition header, keeping the first. That hypotesis was disproved by accessing the server directly (without balancer/nginx).

Is there a difference between any needed libraries being installed in Ubuntu 12 and Ubuntu 14 which could affect the binary widget behavior?

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/27/15, 12:24 PM
Seen: 427 times
Last updated: 10/27/15, 12:24 PM