Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why incoming emails do not appear in inbox view?

By
michel Guénard
on 5/2/14, 9:56 AM 2,659 views

incoming emails do not appear in the inbox view; instead I can trace them thru the configuration menu under the emails sub menu. Which parameters should I modify? probably under the incoming gateway settings; but how? Could someone advise me?

Did your connection fetching the mail??

Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
on 5/2/14, 11:15 AM

--Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--
| 5 4 9
Pondicherry, India
--Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--

Passionate coder in Python/OpenERP. Knows Django/Flask MVC frameworks. Did code in Java, PHP.

Contact me at: dvdhinesh.mail@gmail.com

On 5/2/14, 11:13 AM

Hi, Goto Technical->Email->Messages. If u find any emails fetched from your mail id means open those mails and view the recipients name.

Only OpenERP users that supply their email address and password to the Configuration can fetch the unread messages in their inbox and will appear in the Messaging Module. As I have read, OpenERP will fetch every 5 minutes but you can press Fetch Now to force the fetch.

Eg Recipient Name

Your Screen

From your screen shot there is no user in the recipient menu. You have to create a user under Users Menu and make sure that the email you gave to that user will match the one in incoming mail server under Technical->Email. Now login as the newly created user u can find the unread email in your inbox under Messaging->Inbox.

spamasjega
On 5/7/14, 8:44 AM

I have similar problem.

As you can see from the picture, customer mail is not attached to the Partner profile.

Related Document Model none Related Document ID 0

michel Guénard

--michel Guénard--
| 5 5 8
VIROFLAY, France
--michel Guénard--

VP operations & finance Social entrepreneur Certified Public Accountant Past Chief internal auditor

michel Guénard
On 5/2/14, 12:32 PM

Hi Dhinesh recipient name was a partner having our company email address. This partner was setup as a test. I now changed its email with a modofied address Below the screen view of the latest email received and appearing only under the email view of the config menu. This email is not appearing under the main inbox view.image description

I have updated the answer.. Check it... Actually you have to create a new user under User->User Menu for your partner. From your screenshot there is no user in the recipient field.

on 5/5/14, 3:21 AM

"From your screenshot there is no user in the recipient field." A user exists; his email address exists and is the one used by the sender to send his email; still nothing appearing in the mail box; noe of the received emails appear in the message inbox view;this is the reason of my question on this forum!

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 5/7/14, 7:33 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/2/14, 9:56 AM
Seen: 2659 times
Last updated: 12/1/16, 5:44 AM