Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why I cannot open Odoo from a PC different of the One I make the database?

By
Mario Valadez
on 10/15/14, 3:43 PM 982 views

Hi, I dos load the Odoo 8 since I was using OpenERP 6, si I started to make the database succesfully but once I want to open Odoo 8 from an other computer, I couldn't, I did as I did in Openerp 6 I wrote the IP address from the PC I maje the data base plus :8080 but it didn't open, what am I missing or what should I do next? 

Mario Valadez
On 10/20/14, 10:32 AM

Hola Juan José, 

gracias por tu apoyo,

pero si sabia que necesito tener encendida y conectada a internet en la misma red para la computadora donde instale Odoo y donde la quiero abrir, lo se por que como te cometo he estado usando OpenERP6, el detalle es que no se si por que he estado usando OpenERP 6 en la misma red y en las mismas PC, tenga que reconfigurar el puerto 8080. y si fuera asi no se como tendria que hacerlo si en el modem o en las computadoras.

una vez que desinstalle Odoo por que no pude compartir la base de datos, segui usando el OpenERP 6 y no tuve problemas.

gracias de nuevo Juan José, espero me puedas apoyar con esto.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Juan José

thank you for your help, 

but I knew I should have to get started and connected to the same network for the PC I´ve installed and the PC I wan to open Odoo, 

I knew this, becuase as I wrote before, I have been using OpenERP 6, the problem is, that I don´t know if beacuse I was Using the OpenERP 6 in the same PCs, and the same network, should I reconfigurate port 8080, and If I should so, I don´t know how to reconfigurated if from my modem or from my PCs

once I unstill the Odoo because I couldn´t share datebase, I continue using OpenERP 6 with out problems.

thanks again Juan Jose, I hope you can help me with this.

Mario, try using the :8069 port

Juan José Scarafía
on 10/21/14, 8:23 AM

From what I understand, it seems you have both versions 6 and 8 running on the same server. So Juan is probably right the port is probably different from 8080 or you should try running the Odoo server on another machine.

Laurent ROCHE
on 10/21/14, 9:28 AM

Hi Juan Jose and ComputingFroggy I did already, and yes right know I am Using version 6, but at the time I installed Odoo 8 I uninstalled Version 6 including PSQL. so at that time I was just running only Odoo 8. but it didn´t work, I dont know if I have to configure my modem to let this PC get out from port 8080 or 8069 or 8070 thank you for your help!!!

Mario Valadez
on 10/21/14, 10:30 AM

Hi guys, thank you for your help, actually was the windows firewall. I am using Odoo 8 now, but I have one question, I hope you can help me with, in OpenERP 6 I should config the stock account for each category of the products to make an automatic invetory, do you know if for Odoo 8 this comes configurated already or should I make the configurations.

Mario Valadez
on 10/22/14, 5:37 PM
Juan José Scarafía
On 10/20/14, 9:36 AM

Edit

Mario, try using the :8069 port.

Hi Mario,

Odoo should be running in the PC where was installed at the same time when you want to start in the other PC. Also, you have to connect to the same network to have the same IP adress.

Regards,

Juan José - Ing ADHOC

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/15/14, 3:43 PM
Seen: 982 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM