Odoo Help

¿ Why I can not install community modules on V8 ? .

v8
By
William Castle
on 7/9/14, 8:58 AM 2,542 views

I installed V8 RC1 . Why can't install community modules ? . 

The settings-Apps option don't work. When select Apps,  the menu  goes to Installed Modules option immediately .  ¿ Is there any way to do this ( install community modules) ?.

Any advice ? .

Thanks in advance.

Alex
On 7/9/14, 10:23 AM

You can't until the final version will be released. 

Grover Menacho

--Grover Menacho--
| 5 7 8
La Paz, Bolivia
--Grover Menacho--

Systems Engineer + MBA

Grover Menacho
On 7/9/14, 11:32 AM

Hello.

You can go to: https://www.odoo.com/apps and download apps manually. I'm not sure if all of them are going to work since Odoo is making changes these days but you can give a try. You have to put the folder of the module on addons folder. Or you can create your own folder and add that folder to your "addons_path" on openerp_server.conf.

To install these modules you've to give "Technical Settings" permission to your user. And then you have to refresh your browser. You're going to see a link under Configuration named "Update Module List". You've to update your module list from there and you're going to have that modules on your system.

You can Import Zip file from Import Module option.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/9/14, 8:58 AM
Seen: 2542 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM