Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why have updated modules in OpenERP apps often the same version number?

on 4/14/13, 5:33 AM 800 views

I have seen a lot of updated modules in OpenERP apps didn't have a new version number.

As an example mass-edit was in september 2012 version 1.1. And the update from 12 April 2013 is still the same version 1.1.

By the way, this is a very nice module to work with!

This issue is not unique, the same is for all Dutch localisation modules.

I find this confusing.

Why is this?

Lorenzo Cabrini
On 4/14/13, 10:22 PM

Laziness in updating __openerp__.py, perhaps. I agree, however. If module developers don't update their version numbers, then what is the point of having version numbers in the first place? They are there so that we can compare our own installed versions with what is available. It doesn't take that much time to update the version number when you make a new release.

I hope you are wrong. I will make an other post on this subject.

on 4/18/13, 2:23 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 4/14/13, 5:33 AM
Seen: 800 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM