This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello there,

Firstly i must say i am not impressed at all!!! OpenERP itself is a wonderful package and we were just in the process of getting it setup and running correctly with little effort execpt for time... NOW to all of a sudden see that support for OpenERP 7 has been dropped along with all apps/modules being removed from the websites that we use to read about them...

This is not a clean or friendly way, Labelling this software as Open Source means you need to be able to supply the source code without cost.. I think the license needs to be changed considering the tatics that are currently being used.

I can also see that other posts (AND THIS ONE WILL END UP THE SAME) are being faked as 500 Internal Errors.

Examples are https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/Error-while-updating-Modules-737 & https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/Im-getting-this-error-27582

Once again, i think people will catch onto this very soon and you will have just lost a large part of your community

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

I think there is a big misunderstanding, maybe due to the change of branding and website that occured today. Odoo (formerly OpenERP) is fully open source. The source code has been available on launchpad.net/openobject (and still is) and has been ported to github.com/odoo/odoo a few hours ago and is still fully available for download.

Support for OpenERP 7 is available in the same fashion as it has been since its release in December 2012. It is the latest LTS version of OpenERP as of today. The 4,000 modules of Odoo (formerly OpenERP) are available on the Apps website at apps.openerp.com just like before as well as at the new URL odoo.com/apps.

No post is being faked as a 500 error. The process of migrating all the data from our previous Q&A platform to this latest one took a couple hours, which might have lead to several temporary dead links. It is now fully functional and the links you are providing are working.

Once again, I think people should stop being paranoid and see conspiracies everywhere. If we are losing parts of our comnmunity, it will be because of individuals spreading FUD.

EDIT: for the two reported links, it looks like these questions have been closed by community members because 1/ duplicate question and 2/ this Q&A is not the place to report bugs. It seems like our new Q&A plateform has a bug: closed questions are not visible anymore by anonymous users. Only users having enough karma can see them. We will fix that soon.

Thank you for your trust.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hmmm, funny how that link now works... i take i pointed out a fault/flaw...

i can see no one will admit it... but glad to see it is now working and not redirecting like it was before.

EDIT

Some of the re-directs have been fixed, not all though... if a company would only admit when they did not notice something and instead of fixing it quickly and claiming the fault was never there.

Also those two links STILL produce a "faked' internal 500 error at the exact moment of this edit/comment

Discard
Best Answer

Bradley.

I strongly recommend to you before use a tool (opensource or not) to manage all your company you need to invest on knowledge and on participate on community.

This information was given the same day it will be done and everybody knows some problems will be happen in the middle please everybudy is working so hard to give you an extraordinary tool, it is not for "little effort" on our side to allow you "little effort" for free.

Be careful because it is not an issue or problem only of Odoo (OpenERP) everybody is working very hard.

A thank for solve the issue should be enought.

Regards.

Discard