Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why everything is 2 hours behind?

By
odookillsme
on 12/30/14, 8:11 AM 1,115 views

Whenever i create an internal note or any other message inside the odoo it always says its posted 2 hours ago. I checked my timezone, server's timezone also log files to make sure the time is correct. Everything looks normal and they're all at the right time. Has anyone ever encountered this kind of problem.

To be more clear here is a picture of it, i just sent this internal note and it says 2 hours ago

Stephen Mack

--Stephen Mack--
| 8 8 9
Santiago, Chile
--Stephen Mack--

Some people call me a karma whore, I only ask for 10 points if you like my answer and 15 if I happen to get it correct.

Stephen Mack
On 12/30/14, 8:21 AM

Odoo displays time based on the timezone of odoo users not based on the timezone of the system.  By default the timezone is UTC.  So there are two things you should check.

1. Your user's timezone
  2. The timezone of an inactive default user called "Public User".  The timezone of this user is used for all public access to your server.  (anonymous access to the system)
odookillsme
On 12/30/14, 8:28 AM

What an awesome karma system odoo has, i can't post a comment to my own question's answers! God, this odoo really kills me.

Thanks Stephen but i checked both my user and "Public User's" timezone. I'm posting internal note's as a admin and admin user has the correct timezone set already.

Do all users show this two hour lag or only the admin? Also you can test the same thing on runbot.odoo.com to verify that it is a bug then post a GitHub issue.

Stephen Mack
on 12/30/14, 8:34 AM

The karma thing is because of spammers. I hope soon odoo will finish their update to the forums to fight spammers and then the Karma can be set more reasonable. For now you can comment on your own questions and answers.

Stephen Mack
on 12/30/14, 8:35 AM

Yeah i hope it'll get better. This problem happens for every user i tried. Also i can't test it on runbot.odoo.com because it says i don't have permission to set my timezone.

odookillsme
on 12/30/14, 8:48 AM

Login: admin, Password: admin. I just tried and was able to set the timezone for admin and "Public User" to Chile. You can set them to your timezone of Antarctica (ahem).

Stephen Mack
on 12/30/14, 9:23 AM

thanks Stephen you are awesome, yeah i tried on the odoo website and it worked. So i thought i should update my odoo repo on my local and baam nothing works right now. i'm getting AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'cursor' for one database and another one gives me psycopg2.ProgrammingError: column website.domain does not exist LINE 1: SELECT "website".id FROM "website" WHERE ("website"."domain"... both db's were fine before the update on my local repo. Thanks for all your help

odookillsme
on 12/30/14, 9:27 AM

Thank you... Best wishes.

Stephen Mack
on 12/30/14, 9:29 AM

Also, might be good to check your server's time. Maybe it is your server's time that is 2 hours behind.

Ivan
on 1/27/15, 5:36 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/30/14, 8:11 AM
Seen: 1115 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM