This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I've now got a number of issues related to scheduling.

One is report generation; works when executed manually; gets screwed up when executed via cron. It appears as though it's not reading the report header, therefore logo and css is missing.

Another is a module that updates a field in stock.picking when the record is updated. This works when an action causing the update is manually executed, but doesn't when the same action is executed via cron.

In all cases I'm using the admin user. As I understand it this bypasses ACL, so security of the Odoo user shouldn't be an issue. Am I wrong?

What is different when an action is executed via cron? If it's a permissions or path issue, I can try to work around it. If there is some functional difference, then Odoo cron sucks.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

I don't know if you solved your errors, but we recently faced the one related to report generation via cron.

TL;DR: specify a dbfilter in your config file.

The problem is that requests made when you execute it manually are associated to a database, so Odoo knows where to find assets files. When cron tries to get same assets files, those requests aren't really associated to a database, so you must tell it to Odoo, specifying it via parameters dbfilter or db_name.

Daniel Duque

2nd Episode

Discard