Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why does Odoo 9 return "'module' object has no attribute 'many2one'" only sometimes?

By
David Todd
on 12/7/15, 10:35 AM 1,576 views

Update: Thanks to Pawan for their answer. I found that I was following examples from the older API and didn't think capitalization mattered on the fields. I'd close this question, but I don't have enough Karma to be able do that. 

I'm attempting to build a module for the company I work for and I keep hitting this roadblock.

A little bit of background is I have a field called m_name that uses a many2one field to get the current username. I uninstall the module from the server and restart the server when I introduce new code to be sure that there isn't any conflicts with existing data. I am developing on a Windows server for eventual deployment to a Debian Linux server.

When the server is restarted and I begin the process for installing the module again, I get a trackback similar to the one below:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 9.0-20151125\server\.\openerp\http.py", line 599, in _handle_exception
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 9.0-20151125\server\.\openerp\http.py", line 636, in dispatch
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 9.0-20151125\server\.\openerp\http.py", line 315, in _call_function
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 9.0-20151125\server\.\openerp\service\model.py", line 118, in wrapper
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 9.0-20151125\server\.\openerp\http.py", line 308, in checked_call
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 9.0-20151125\server\.\openerp\http.py", line 887, in __call__
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 9.0-20151125\server\.\openerp\http.py", line 465, in response_wrap
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 9.0-20151125\server\openerp\addons\web\controllers\main.py", line 975, in call_button
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 9.0-20151125\server\openerp\addons\web\controllers\main.py", line 963, in _call_kw
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 9.0-20151125\server\.\openerp\api.py", line 232, in wrapper
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 9.0-20151125\server\openerp\addons\base\module\module.py", line 459, in button_immediate_install
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 9.0-20151125\server\.\openerp\api.py", line 232, in wrapper
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 9.0-20151125\server\openerp\addons\base\module\module.py", line 533, in _button_immediate_function
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 9.0-20151125\server\.\openerp\modules\registry.py", line 385, in new
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 9.0-20151125\server\.\openerp\modules\loading.py", line 337, in load_modules
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 9.0-20151125\server\.\openerp\modules\loading.py", line 237, in load_marked_modules
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 9.0-20151125\server\.\openerp\modules\loading.py", line 123, in load_module_graph
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 9.0-20151125\server\.\openerp\modules\module.py", line 324, in load_openerp_module
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 9.0-20151125\server\.\openerp\modules\module.py", line 61, in load_module
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 9.0-20151125\server\openerp\addons\metrics\__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 9.0-20151125\server\openerp\addons\metrics\models.py", line 5, in <module>
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 9.0-20151125\server\openerp\addons\metrics\models.py", line 13, in metrics
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'many2one'

When this happened to me before, I found that changing m_name to x_name (to show that this is a custom field in the database structure), worked until I started adding code for search filtering. I have since removed the search filter code and still get this error. Any help would be most appreciated, and I'll post my models.py and views.xml file to help give a better idea what I'm doing below.

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

# models.py

from openerp import models, fields, api

class metrics(models.Model):

_name = 'metrics.metrics'

_defaults = {

'x_name': lambda self, cr, uid, ctx=None: uid

}

# Main fields

x_name = fields.many2one('res.users')

m_value = fields.Integer(string='Total', required=True)

m_task = fields.Selection([('desktop', 'Desktops'), ('laptop', 'Laptops'), ('network', 'Network Equipment')], string='Task', required=True)

m_date = fields.Datetime(string='Date')

<!-- views.xml -->

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<openerp>

<data>

<!-- explicit list view definition -->

<record id="metrics.list" model="ir.ui.view">

<field name="name">metrics list</field>

<field name="model">metrics.metrics</field>

<field name="arch" type="xml">

<tree>

<field name="x_name"/>

<field name="m_task"/>

<field name="m_value"/>

<field name="m_date"/>

</tree>

</field>

</record>

<!-- actions opening views on models -->

<record id="metrics.ActionAdd" model="ir.actions.act_window">

<field name="name">metrics window</field>

<field name="res_model">metrics.metrics</field>

<field name="view_mode">tree,form</field>

</record>

<!-- Top menu item -->

<menuitem id="metrics.menu_root" name="Metrics"/>

<!-- menu categories -->

<menuitem id="metrics.menu_1" name="Metrics Reporting" parent="metrics.menu_root"/>

<!-- actions -->

<menuitem action="metrics.ActionAdd" id="metrics.menu_1_1" name="Add" parent="metrics.menu_1"/>

<menuitem action="metrics.ActionView" id="metrics.menu_1_2" name="View" parent="metrics.menu_1"/>

<menuitem action="metrics.ActionModify" id="metrics.menu_1_3" name="Modify" parent="metrics.menu_1"/>

<menuitem action="metrics.ActionDelete" id="metrics.menu_1_4" name="Delete" parent="metrics.menu_1"/>

</data>

</openerp>

Please give Pawan an upvote for his answer. How is anybody supposed to get Karma, if nobody is upvoting proper answers??? :-)

Ermin Trevisan
on 12/9/15, 2:12 AM

Pawan

--Pawan--
| 4 3 5
Hyderabad, India
--Pawan--

Pawan
On 12/8/15, 9:02 AM

David
Please change the 'many2one' to 'Many2one' with capital M, as in odoo8 api field name have initial 

letters capital

Thanks

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/7/15, 10:35 AM
Seen: 1576 times
Last updated: 12/9/15, 2:20 AM