Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why does module loading fail?

By
mike
on 3/7/13, 4:59 PM 2,823 views

This message tells me almost nothing....

Exception: Module loading failed: file naics/naics/security/ir.model.access.csv could not be processed: Line 1 : No matching record found for external id 'model_naics_code' in field 'Object'

This line in the .csv file is such:

access_naics_code_user,naics.code user,model_naics_code,base.group_tool_user,1,1,1,1

What is wrong with it? What matching record and where does it want? Is this something I should have added to the security.xml?

What module is it? Or is it a custom module?

Andreas Brueckl
on 3/7/13, 5:40 PM

Andreas Brueckl

--Andreas Brueckl--
| 7 8 7
Vienna, Austria
--Andreas Brueckl--
OpenERP Consulting and Development
Andreas Brueckl
On 3/7/13, 5:50 PM

It seems that there exists no model called naics.code in your module.

There is naics.py which defines naics.code, naics.category etc. so should __init__.py import naics or naics.code or should it be from naics import naics.code?

mike
on 3/8/13, 12:22 PM
mike
On 3/11/13, 12:04 PM

My view.xml wasn't correctly defined with the model in both the name and model fields. e.g.

<field name="name">naics.code</field>
    <field name="model">naics.code</field>

Now that this is correct the custom module installs ok and I can see the view on the appropriate URL. This model was designed to work with a pre-existing table (2500 records) I loaded into PG and I am happy to report I can now access this data through the model. Now to make this model interact with other models....

Hi Mike i having a problem for that kind of module my error is "Exception: Module loading vv_quality failed: file vv_quality/security/ir.model.access.csv could not be processed: Line 1 : id name model_id" How to solve this. please help urgent for me.

sridhar
on 3/18/14, 12:51 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/7/13, 4:59 PM
Seen: 2823 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM