Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why does issue creation by email sometimes doesn't work?

By
Martin
on 7/9/13, 9:12 AM 1,371 views

Under which conditions an incoming email does create an project issue and when not?

In general, the feature works for me, but it seems, that if internal users write an email to support@mycompany.com no issue is created, only when external customers write to this address. The email ends up, however, in the system, e.g. one can see it in the archive, including attachments. Is this a wrong configuration on my side?

I have the same problem. Mails from the company domain are not fetched to an issue

Endian Solutions B.V.
on 8/8/13, 10:51 AM
Michael Karrer
On 9/4/13, 8:29 AM

The problem is the order in which the E-Mail Aliases are checked:

1. There is already a thread with this E-Mail (wins over everything else as far as i tested it)

2. direct alias match eg. user.name@yourdomain.com is a direct alias match since this alias was generated when the user is created

3. if there is no direct alias match - create an issue (or whatever was set up for support@

if there is a direct alias match no issue is created but just a message to the user. This is odd since because of this behaviour it is really unpredictable for the normal user. Even worse if a user "moves" an E-Mail from his Mailbox on the Mailserver to the support@ Mailbox it will not create an issue but just an E-Mail in OpenERP

I really would suggest to change the order of the alias matching so that OpenERP gets predictable for the average user.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/9/13, 9:12 AM
Seen: 1371 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM