Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why does a report's paper size not match the Company's setting?

By
Gilles Lehoux
on 4/8/14, 2:03 PM 1,908 views

Why does a report's paper size not match the Company's setting?

The company-wide paper size for reports for a company is set in:

Settings > Company > Your Company > Report Footer Configuration > Paper Format

The above setting is set to US Letter but all reports tested so far come out as A4 Format.

Can editing a report with the OpenOffice plugin override the Company-wide default?

Is there an OpenERP-wide paper format setting? I would set it to US Letter.

It seems that editing a report in OpenOffice has introduced a paper format override. Assuming I'm editing a report in OpenOffice, what code should I insert at the top to reset the paper format to US Letter? I'm willing to re-edit all my modified reports in order to get back to US Letter quickly.

Gilles Lehoux
on 4/8/14, 2:21 PM

I selected a report that prints an A4 pdf. I opened/downloaded it with the OpenOffice plugin. In OpenOffice, went to the Page format and changed it from A4 to US Letter. I saved/uploaded the report. I printed/tested and the output was still A4. I re-opened/downloaded the report. OpenOffice shows US Letter format.

Gilles Lehoux
on 4/8/14, 2:48 PM

Gilles Lehoux

--Gilles Lehoux--
| 5 4 7
St-Eustache, Canada
--Gilles Lehoux--

Gilles Lehoux
On 4/8/14, 5:05 PM

Editing a report in OpenOffice can change the paper size. To change it back using OpenOffice and the plugin, go to Format/Page. But, you have to restart the server for it to take effect.

To restart the server on Ubuntu:

sudo service openerp restart

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/8/14, 2:03 PM
Seen: 1908 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM