Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why do email templates sentences work only in the preview?

By
Juan Formoso
on 12/2/14, 8:02 AM 491 views

I'm trying to send an email with some conditions to several partners (mass_mail: True). My email template is the next one:

% if object.is_friend:
    Hello my friend.
% else:
    Hello.
% endif

When I click on the preview of the template, I see the result perfectly. In fact, if I send the mail from the form of a partner, he receives the email with the right content.

The problem is when I try to send the mail from the tree view of partners (where mass_mail is True), because the selected partners receive an empty mail.

I updated the branches of addons and server (OpenERP7). But no result in this point. Can anyone help me, please?

Luis Alberto Panozzo
On 11/16/15, 11:05 AM

Juan, most likely you have two languages in the system.

If, when editing the html, you click on the translation button, it will take you to the translation panes.

Copy the whole html in your screen and paste it on the left pane of the translation screen. 

This should solve your issue.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/2/14, 8:02 AM
Seen: 491 times
Last updated: 11/23/15, 9:03 AM