This question has been flagged
7 Replies

Hi, I have a function called search in boatcompany.py that uses the context i'm passing in the attribute as below:

<xpath expr="//field[@name='product_id']" position="attributes">
            <attribute name="context">{'boatmodel_id': parent.boatmodel_id}</attribute>
</xpath>

I expect to get context['boatmodel_id'] in my def, but I didn't. I print context and see all the defaults context only. May I know why? Below are my files:

boatcompany.py

from osv import osv, fields

class product_product(osv.osv):
    _inherit = "product.product"
    _columns = {
        'boatlength': fields.char("Boat Length", size=10),
        'fuelcapacity': fields.char("Fuel Capacity", size=10),
        'modeloptions_id': fields.many2one('product.category','Model Options')
    }
    def search(self, cr, uid, args, offset=0, limit=None, order=None, context=None, count=False):
        print context
        if context is None:
            context = {}
        if context.get('boatmodel_id'):
            print "CONTEXT===="
            print context['boatmodel_id']
            productobj = self.pool.get('product.product').read(cr, uid, context['boatmodel_id'], ['modeloptions_id'])
            args = [('categ_id','=',productobj['modeloptions_id'][0])] + args
        return super(product_product, self).search(cr, uid, args, offset, limit, order, context=context, count=count)

class sale_order(osv.osv):
    _inherit = "sale.order"
    _columns = {
        'boatmodel_id': fields.many2one("product.product", "Boat Model", domain=[('categ_id.name','=','Boat Models')])
    }

and inheriting sale_view.xml in boatcompany_view.xml as below:

<record id="sale_view_order_form" model="ir.ui.view">
      <field name="model">sale.order</field>
      <field name="inherit_id" ref="sale.view_order_form" />
      <field name="arch" type="xml">
        <field name="partner_id" position="after">
          <field name="boatmodel_id" />
        </field>
        <xpath expr="//field[@name='product_id']" position="attributes">
          <attribute name="context">{'boatmodel_id': parent.boatmodel_id}</attribute>
        </xpath>
      </field>
    </record>
Discard

I'm not sure why you're trying to use the context here, or what end goal you're trying to accomplish. I think what you ought to be doing is setting the domain on the product_id field in the sales order form, if you're trying to filter that down based on another custom field you're adding in.

I've got the same Problem over here. It seems like it is a bug. Somehow the context does't change, even though it should.

Best Answer

Trick I found to work is to override the whole context with the context already passed (found using developer mode) a more explicit xpath. Also, there is another view that is overriding that field (sale.order.form.sale.stock). The below passes the appropriate context on the sales order line without opening the other form:

<record id="sale_view_order_form_inherit" model="ir.ui.view">
<field name="name">sale.view.order.form.inherit</field>
<field name="model">sale.order</field>
<field name="inherit_id" ref="sale.view_order_form"/>
<field name="arch" type="xml">
<field name="partner_id" position="after">
<field name="boatmodel_id"/>
</field>
<xpath expr="//field[@name='order_line']/tree//field[@name='product_id']" position="attributes">
<attribute name="context">{'boatmodel_id': parent.boatmodel_id,'partner_id':parent.partner_id, 'quantity':product_uom_qty, 'pricelist':parent.pricelist_id, 'uom':product_uom"</attribute>
</xpath>
</field>
</record>

Discard
Best Answer

The solution from Vichai Vongvorakul didn't work for me, but I finally figured out a solution for me. First of all you need to change the Technical Settings in the Users Access Right. You have to activate "Properties on lines", so a new window pops up when you create a new order line in the sales order. Otherwise the context won't be passed correctly. You also need to change your boatcompany_view.xml like Vichai Vongvorakul to <field name="inherit_id" ref="sale_stock.view_order_form_inherit"/> not <field name="inherit_id" ref="sale.view_order_form"/>. Otherwise you won't affect the context of the field "product_id" in the window that pops up.

Hope this will help.

Discard
Best Answer

I had the same problem with that example. Doing those changes helped get the "boatmodel_id" in the context, but I get a bool in "modeloptions_id".

This is error that I get from OpenErp sever.

args = [('categ_id', '=', productobj['modeloptions_id'][0])] + args TypeError: 'bool' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

I really appreciate some help.

Thanks,

jgonzalez

Discard
Best Answer

Change something in boatcompany_view.xml: ... <field name="inherit_id" ref="sale_stock.view_order_form_inherit"/> ...

Hope this will help.

Discard

Thanks! It helped. I had the same problem.