Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why cannot I uninstall modules?

By
sakito
on 2/26/15, 5:18 PM 952 views

I have read almost every thread regarding uninstalling modules but i haven't find my problem yet.

I have a localhost windows server and i have a custom install (not all-in-one) of odoo. Everything was ok, until I tried to uninstall a module (the accounting and the billing modules to be precise). I went to settings->modules, selected the module and pressed uninstall. The module is being uninstalled and I get no error messages come up. The result will be that I cannot see the button "uninstall" (it's been replaced with the button "install"). However the module is still there, fully functional.

As far as the database is concerned, in the table ir_module_module, the state of these 2 modules is now "uninstalled" instead of "installed".

1) Am I doing something wrong? Weren't the modules supposed to be uninstalled this way?

2) Have you ever faced a problem like this?

3) Is there a way to uninstall (or just prevent from loading) a module just by "tampering" with the database?

4) Same with (3) but "tampering" with the actual files/folders?

Thanks in advance for your help...

Maybe, you can try to remove default filter 'Apps', and uninstall "account" if not already done ?

Jérémy Kersten (jke)
on 3/7/15, 11:44 AM
Michael Thomas
On 3/6/15, 11:27 AM

Obivously there is a problem if the database shows that a module is "uninstalled". I have had some similiar issues when trying to install modules that have an error and are unable to be installed. Odoo will show it installed or, alternatively, it will show to be installed. 

In this case, I think you might be dealing with dependencies. I'm not sure how odoo handles this situation, but the accounting and billing modules are probably required by the sale module. To troubleshoot, try installing a new module and then uninstalling it. If you are able to uninstall other less criticalmodules, It is probably a dependency issue and Odoo is not handling the error well. 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/26/15, 5:18 PM
Seen: 952 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM