Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why can't import quantity on hand?

By
Cathy Ely
on 7/17/13, 7:59 AM 4,940 views

I am setting up a new database for an existing company and I want to import all the products and their quantity from a stock take that will be done. It seems that you can export the products and quantity on hand but cannot import the current stock quantity.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to do it without it being a manual process as there are a lot of products to load up.

Did you ever resolve this? I was wondering the same thing.

Jim Biergans
on 8/4/13, 7:53 PM

I had this same exact problem so I figured a way to hack the quantities in. I am not sure if this will work for you, but here's the guide I wrote: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ca9s836s5h1cnYttc2iCKkjjfFI4zjF93OPztAOzvU8/edit?usp=sharing

Prosound Communications Inc., Dylan Frankland
on 8/29/13, 8:25 PM
Chaaya Chares
On 10/25/13, 12:24 PM

Perhaps you found the answer for this, but this is in case someone else is looking:

The way I imported the Quantity on Hand is via the Physical Inventories under Warehousing. 1- I exported the products that I want to update in order to get the product external id and unit of measure. 2- Exported the physical inventories in order to get the format of the CSV file. 3- Copied the Product External ID and UOM External ID from the Products file and insert them in the CSV file to import 4- change the quantities (note that the quantity you set is added to the existing quantities, not replaced, i.e. stock move in) 5- Import the CSV file, Confirm, then Validate.

Good luck.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/17/13, 7:59 AM
Seen: 4940 times
Last updated: 9/8/16, 1:09 AM