Odoo Help

Why can't I create a new project from a template project?

By
Bill Ennals
on 3/22/16, 10:20 PM 578 views

If I try when logged in as the admin user it works fine, but when I'm logged in as a non-admin user that is in the Project Manager group I get the following error:

ValidateError

Field(s) `project_escalation_id` failed against a constraint: Error! You cannot assign escalation to the same project!

Error details:

AccessError

The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: project.project, Operation: read)

I have tried setting the Project Escalation field to a different project or leaving it blank and I still get the same error.

Bill Ennals
On 3/22/16, 11:01 PM

I just figured it out.  Annoyingly if the Privacy / Visibility setting for the template is set to "Private project: followers Only" this error occurs (which I think is a bug).  If you change that setting to Internal or Public Project, then the the new project gets created from the template fine.

We use the Private project setting a lot to avoid having other users lists of projects being cluttered with projects that aren't relevant to them, so I guess we'll just have to work around the bug by changing the setting and changing it back.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/22/16, 10:20 PM
Seen: 578 times
Last updated: 7/27/16, 7:10 PM