Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why can I produce more units than a manufacturing order actually calls for?

By
Akaash Yao
on 9/18/16, 11:38 AM 133 views

Suppose that it takes 1 unit of component 1 to produce 1  unit of product 1. 

If I make a manufacturing order for 20 units of product 1,  proceed to the 'Produce' window, then changing the quantity field to a number less than 20 results in the number of units of component 1 required being correspondingly reduced. Eg if I change the number in the quantity field to 15, the number of units of component 1 required under 'To Consume' lowers to 15, as it should.

However, if I change the quantity field to 25, the number of units of component 1 under the 'To Consume' heading is capped at 20. Furthermore, when I press Confirm, 25 units of product 1 are added to my Units on Hand, but only 20 units of component 1 are depleted (ie consumed). 

It seems to me that either the quantity field should not be able to be changed to a larger number than was originally entered into the Manufacturing Order, or if it can, as is possible now, the number of consumed units should be comensurate with the number of units produced. 

I am on Odoo 9 community edition

Akaash Yao
on 9/18/16, 11:45 AM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 9/18/16, 11:45 PM

This is to support use cases where either the quantity of components used or finished goods made are not always predictable.

If you purchase limes per UNIT, and make Lime Juice per GALLON, then the amount of Lime Juice is dependent on how large the Limes are, and if any are bad.  If Limes come 144 per case, then one day you may make 1.2 Gallons and another day you may make 1 Gallon.  In both cases, 144 Limes are consumed. 

Not a great example, but you perhaps get my point?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/18/16, 11:38 AM
Seen: 133 times
Last updated: 9/20/16, 3:19 AM