This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I'm writing a web controller and making incremental changes to routes. I'm having an issue where new routes aren't being picked up even though I have restarted the server and reinstalled the module. No matter what I do, it still only shows a page at an old route, using an old response (I have since changed the "return" string and it still shows the old one.

Maybe I'm restarting, uninstalling/installing in the wrong order? Maybe it is not sufficient to do "sudo /etc/init.d/odoo-server restart" and have to do something else?

Btw, could someone link me to documentation on the module development process? I've been looking through odoo docs for days, and it would be really helpful to know the details of what gets cached and when and how to refresh it as I develop modules.

Discard
Author Best Answer

The problem was because I had two controller methods with the same name, so the first was being overwritten by the second. I did not notice this for a very long time, and was quite vexed to see that nothing I did to the first would make it show up.

The short answer to my question, when you haven't done something silly in python, is "restart the server."

Discard