Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why are some modules not individually downloadable?

Michael Watchorn
on 11/17/15, 9:58 PM 396 views

I wanted to download the Idea module:

but rather than getting the green "Download for 7.0 series" button on the top right of the screen screen, I get "Download Odoo Community". Why is that? How can I download just the module? - Thanks in advance

Axel Mendoza

--Axel Mendoza--
| 6 7 8
Camaguey, Cuba
--Axel Mendoza--

DevOps - Full stack - Software Architect - Developer - Technology Integrator

I could help you to develop anything and solve complex problems based on technologies, integrations and tricky stuffs mostly in Python with OpenERP/Odoo, Zato, Django and many others frameworks programming languages and technologies.

I offers consulting services to anyone with an unanswered questions or needs for customizations. Think about it, maybe it's better to have an expert to solve your issues and projects than having a full time employee trying to understand what to do an how

Reach me at aekroft@gmail.com

Axel Mendoza
On 11/17/15, 10:14 PM

Hi @Michael

The thing is that the module idea is part of the OpenERP 7 distribution so you have it available to install it when you are using that OpenERP/Odoo version. You could see it in the addons folder

Ah! I see that does make sense. Thanks. Any idea why this module wasn't included in V8? I found a V8 copy on http://pragtech.co.in/8.0/ but it doesn't appear on apps.odoo.com

Michael Watchorn
on 11/19/15, 1:45 PM

Just that the idea module was a kind of demo module used to write the old technical memento

Axel Mendoza
on 11/19/15, 3:44 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 11/17/15, 9:58 PM
Seen: 396 times
Last updated: 11/19/15, 1:46 PM