This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I created a new company (legal services company, US Chart of Accounts) and installed the Accounting module in V8 SaaS. I observed that the Purchasing and Warehouse Management Modules were also installed. Then, I unistalled these 2 modules. When I  clicked on the subscription page, the uninstalled modules were still listed. If  I add a 3rd user, will the software license be based on 3 modules?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Luigi - If you visit your accounts page (https://accounts.odoo.com) and select the 'Subscribe to Odoo Enterprise account' - it will take you to a pre-quote page that shows you all of the modules it will charge for (I'm assuming what you saw when you mentioned your issue above).

Anything listed in that section is what would be billed for by default. Whether this is set by a trigger of when it was once installed or currently installed, I'm not sure. However, what I do know is that anything listed in this subscription page quote would be what you are charged for by user. Odoo does not offer any unique user pricing - so anything billed/installed at the overall account level will be billed to any user regardless of their permissions or settings in your Odoo instance.

The alternative option I've done with a client before is to contact Odoo billing regarding the modification of the quote because one module was installed as a default relationship to an accounting preference that was activated. They had removed that as a 'billable module' for that client since they were not using it and it was not fully installed (just inherited).

There are, however, instances where you may have activated very specific functionality in one module that requires another module to be installed. Odoo will require you to pay for both if the functionality is required. Here is a direct quote from their pricing page:

Are apps interdependent and does this impact pricing?

"Each Apps bundle is designed to work as independently as possible. If you decide to activate certain functionalities of an App this may result in the installation of another App. Example: you currently use the Project app to manage your projects, tasks and planning. If you need to encode timesheets, you will have to activate the functionality "Record timesheet lines per tasks". As a result, the Human Resources app will be installed, as timesheet is an integral part of the HR functionalities. As soon as you activate this timesheet functionality, you will then be invoiced for Projects and Human Resources app bundles."

Hope this helps clarify!

**Please remember to vote or use thumb responses to help with community karma points**

Discard