This question has been flagged
2 Replies
Hello Community,

We have a question we don't found a response for, it is about odoo payments. Why they are not registered into the cash register ? Why there are Cash Register statements but they don't consider the Odoo Invoice Cash Payments ?

This option seems to be fundamental for every enterprise and also simple to do no ?

We have found a paid module for doing that but we really need to know before that if it is really something important that Odoo doesn't implemented or we are not understanding how the cash flow is controlled.

Payment Cash Register Module: https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/10.0/payment_cash_register/

Thank you.
Discard
Best Answer

According to my understanding, it is the same reason as a payment by bank is not automatically registered in the bank statement. A cash register as well as a bank statement is an intentional double registering mechanism for checks and balances. You are not forced to use it, but if you use it, you should use it as intended.

Discard
Author

But how to use it as intended when the intentional double registering mechanism writes the amount two times in the accounting account ?

Are you sure that you did reconcile properly?

Author

Yes sure,

Are you sure about what you are saying with intentional double registering mechanism ?

Best Answer

I'm not sure about this because I'm not an accountant, but in my view the cash registers are intended to be used stand alone. When you click "Register transactions" on the cash journal in the accounting dashboard what you see is the cash register, and you are supposed to insert the cash transactions there and then create the counterpart move lines from there. The drawback is if you need to print each transaction to PDF, which is only possible through the payments interface. In that case there are two options: add business logic that auto creates cash register lines on payment confirmation; or create a QWeb template in order to be able do generate a PDF from cash register lines. Or else, always register the cash transactions manually twice, first as payments, then as cash register lines.

Discard