Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why are Emails not appearing in Messaging Inbox?

By
Russ G
on 9/19/14, 8:55 AM 1,186 views

Hi,

I have installed and configured V8 and all is working well apart from incoming emails.

I have managed to set up incoming generic emails such as support@ info@ to create new leads and new Helpdesk records, no problems with that.

However, each user has their own email and I would expect any incoming emails to that user to appear in their messaging inbox, but I cant figure out how to make this happen.

I can send emails fine and as mentioned the generic emails are working as they should in creating records, its just the user's personal emails that are  not showing up.

Have I missed something obvious when configuring them?

Thanks in advance.

Russ G

Hello Russ i had this problem quite a bit i ended up setting email up last. If you havn't sorted it yet it does depend on a module which one i'm not 100% about but you will no if it's installed if you go to settings -> Users -> The user you want emails to go to -> set the message alias and who can send messages to that user then press save.

Aiden Andrews-McDermott
on 10/27/14, 11:13 AM

I'm puzzled with just the same question. Everything seems ok. The alias is set, but the server does not recognize any incoming mail. What seems strange to me is that in Settings (Technical) the alias is set not with identity of the user but with the admin.

Lucas Huber
on 10/27/14, 12:40 PM
Juan José Scarafía
On 10/28/14, 11:44 AM

Hi Russ,

May be you are forgetting to set Notify emails: "All messages". Try doing that.

Regards,

Juan José - Ing ADHOC

In my case this option is set correct.

Lucas Huber
on 10/29/14, 2:54 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/19/14, 8:55 AM
Seen: 1186 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM