Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

why am i getting an error when trying to delete customers?

By
Jim Biergans
on 10/7/13, 8:53 PM 840 views

new install of openerp 7 for windows.

here's what i've done:

imported customers first - no issues. imported contacts for customers, used the customer id as the parent id so they'd be linked - no issues. everything appears to be working correctly, the contacts show up in the customer contacts fields, etc. however, when i try to delete the customer and/or contact, i get an error. if i try to delete just the contact from the customer form, i get the same error when i click save. the error is really long, but here's how it starts:

OpenERP Server Error

Client Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0-20130920-231040\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\http.py", line 204, in dispatch File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0-20130920-231040\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\controllers\main.py", line 1128, in call_kw

here's what it ends with (after a couple hundred error lines):

RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded

any idea what's going on here?

tia!

update: i discovered that the only customers this affects are customers that the contact name is the same as the company name... i don't get it...

maximum recursion error rise when method call it self again. Check your trace back is there any module which causes this error.

Solanki Shamji
on 7/16/15, 9:25 AM

Please paste your full traceback.

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
on 7/16/15, 11:52 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/7/13, 8:53 PM
Seen: 840 times
Last updated: 7/16/15, 11:52 AM