This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I am trying to install various modules, and I keep getting redirected to the subscribe page, which shows my credentials (i'm already logged in to the Odoo account, but I am not a paying subscriber). I'm not using the 1-click install. Instead I am going to my Settings->Apps searching for the various modules, which I have downloaded to the addons folder. I have tried this with Featured modules too. I didn't use to have this problem. From what I recall I only needed to sign-in to my Odoo account once in order to install modules. What am I doing wrong? 

Discard
Best Answer

You must install modules manually with more than two users if you are not an enterprise customer.  

The two things that are not free with odoo are the one click auto app install software and the migration software to upgrade from a previous major version.

You will need to install the module from the command line using the -i option along with the required -d (database) option and your normal command line options [normally -c (config file)].

Running ~/openerp-server.py --help  (Version 8: ~/odoo.py --help) will give you all the command line options.

Discard
Author

Thanks Stephen. This worked for me. One follow-up question: Does this mean that I'd have to stop the production server whenever I want to install/upgrade a module?

Hi Michael, I am glad this worked for you and I would assume yes you will need to bring down your production server to perform an upgrade. But to be honest I am not 100% certain.