Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why am I being redirected to "Subscribe to Odoo Enterprise" when already logged in and trying to install modules on local machine? (V7)

By
Michael Watchorn
on 10/1/14, 5:06 PM 1,607 views

I am trying to install various modules, and I keep getting redirected to the subscribe page, which shows my credentials (i'm already logged in to the Odoo account, but I am not a paying subscriber). I'm not using the 1-click install. Instead I am going to my Settings->Apps searching for the various modules, which I have downloaded to the addons folder. I have tried this with Featured modules too. I didn't use to have this problem. From what I recall I only needed to sign-in to my Odoo account once in order to install modules. What am I doing wrong? 

Stephen Mack

--Stephen Mack--
| 8 8 9
Santiago, Chile
--Stephen Mack--

Some people call me a karma whore, I only ask for 10 points if you like my answer and 15 if I happen to get it correct.

Stephen Mack
On 10/1/14, 6:47 PM

You must install modules manually with more than two users if you are not an enterprise customer.  

The two things that are not free with odoo are the one click auto app install software and the migration software to upgrade from a previous major version.

You will need to install the module from the command line using the -i option along with the required -d (database) option and your normal command line options [normally -c (config file)].

Running ~/openerp-server.py --help  (Version 8: ~/odoo.py --help) will give you all the command line options.

Thanks Stephen. This worked for me. One follow-up question: Does this mean that I'd have to stop the production server whenever I want to install/upgrade a module?

Michael Watchorn
on 10/23/14, 1:51 PM

Hi Michael, I am glad this worked for you and I would assume yes you will need to bring down your production server to perform an upgrade. But to be honest I am not 100% certain.

Stephen Mack
on 10/23/14, 3:29 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/1/14, 5:06 PM
Seen: 1607 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM