Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Why a new tax is not recognized at the POS level?

By
michel Guénard
on 6/17/13, 5:26 PM 2,678 views

I created a new sales tax; this tax uses the code python option: a specific calculation given by a formula.

This tax is not recognized by the POS session!

Plus once a product with this tax is selected, (and leading to the error), none of the other products with other taxes can be selected for a sale;

here is the error code received:

Uncaught Error: QWeb2 - template['PosTicket']: Runtime Error: This type of tax is not supported by the point of sale: code https://company.my.openerp.com/web/webclient/js?db=company:9999

Any guidance to :

make it recognized by the Point of sale.

would help me

Thanks in advance

Thierry Godin
On 7/22/13, 4:39 AM

Hi,

In point_of_sale/static/src/js/model.js , around line 540 :

if (tax.type === "percent") {
                        tmp =  base - round_pr(base / (1 + tax.amount),currency_rounding); 
                    } else if (tax.type === "fixed") {
                        tmp = round_pr(tax.amount * self.get_quantity(),currency_rounding);
                    } else {
                        throw "This type of tax is not supported by the point of sale: " + tax.type;
                    }

Should mean, that the tax type must be percent or fixed, otherwise the function returns the error you got.

If you look closer in the code, you'll see that this applies for included tax or not included tax.

I think you may have created the tax in a bad way, maybe ?

For example a 19,6 % tax should be set like this :

• Tax type = percent
  • Value = 0,1960 (%)
  • Taxe is included = checked

Best regards

Matthew Fournier
On 6/18/13, 3:10 PM

As far as I can tell, taxes must be added in on an item-by-item basis. Create the tax code in Accounting -> Taxes and set what you need. From there, when editing a product for use in your Point of Sale system, go to Accounting tab -> Customer Taxes and add your tax code. When that product is rung up, it will include your tax in the total.

the problem is that I did what you explained! May be I made an error when configuring the new tax. here is the error code received:Uncaught Error: QWeb2 - template['PosTicket']: Runtime Error: This type of tax is not supported by the point of sale: code https://company.my.openerp.com/web/webclient/js?db=company:9999

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 6/18/13, 9:04 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/17/13, 5:26 PM
Seen: 2678 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM