This question has been flagged

Let said I want to translate everywhere I find "Cliente" (customer in Spanish) for "Socio" (Member in spanish). I know the following posibilities:

• Translate on odoo menu "translated terms" --> :( I want it in a module so I can replicate in different databases)
  • Change label (Menu labels, field labels, action names, etc) in a new module --> If I make them in English ("Member" everywhere I find "Partner"), then when I export this module translation file, only a few terms are exported. 

Any help?

Discard
Best Answer

Why not participate in the Argentinian language translation for odoo.

Updated my answer based on the comment posted by the questioner below...

In Odoo, translation files are stored for each module [including the base (server)] under their own i18n directory.  Assuming your customer is using the Argentinian/Spanish translation that would be all the es_AR.po files. You could edit these files and maintain your own copy of the translation for this customer.  I am also assuming that you are deploying odoo v8.  With that assumption, the full translation for Argentinian Spanish has not yet been completed and so you will either need to write a script to update the files or manually edit them every time you deploy the newly released translation.

BTW, I am an American living in chile.  Que estes muy bien!  Suerte.

Discard
Author

Yes, we are participating on that. But my question is for custom costumer translations (not for a localization). Let said that this costumer is a Club so instead of "Customer" the transalation should be "Member", or instead of "Invoice", "Fee". It is clear now? Thanks for the response!

Updated my answer based on your comment. Suerte!

Author

Thanks, I will try that! Te agruegué en google + Saludos!