Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Which table stores image in openerp

on 1/24/14, 8:06 AM 1,188 views

Hi All,

I have created module where employee can upload their image. Module works perfectly. No issue with saving /displaying employee record including image.

But I would like to know where exactly image file is stored ?

Thanks. Here is my class and img field holds file name. Please let me know in which table image is stored and how it is related to test_base table ?

from osv import osv

from osv import fields

class test_base(osv.osv):
        'mydate':fields.date('My Date'),
        'code':fields.integer('Unique ID'),
        'rate':fields.selection([(10,'10'), (20,'20'),(30,'30')],'Percentage of Deduction'),
        'bdisplay':fields.float('Net Salary'),
        'image': fields.binary("Image", help="Select image here"),

shashank verma
On 1/24/14, 8:09 AM

Hello shrikant

Image is stored in binary format. Go to pgadmin or access your database on terminal.

select image from test_base; The image column will show you binary format string for each image

thanks for the info. Does it mean that we can't view image stored in database?

on 1/25/14, 2:23 AM

No u cannot view image because its just binary format data.

shashank verma
on 1/27/14, 3:56 AM

Thanks Again.

on 1/29/14, 1:49 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 1/24/14, 8:06 AM
Seen: 1188 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM