Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Which program in odoo 8 controls the barcode scanner input in point of sale?

By
JC
on 11/12/14, 6:34 AM 1,470 views

Could someone point me to the program and which line it reads barcode from scanner?

TS
On 11/12/14, 11:28 AM

as far as I know there is no separate program/module; if you need to use barcode scanner in POS, which is installed on PC (odoo & scanner are running/connected to same computer), you don't need any driver; barcode scanner is in fact considered as kind of keybord, thus is supported 'by default' (most of scanners).

only one case when you need to have separate module is when you are running pos in posbox-like setup (odoo installed on one (remote) PC, in local area (shop/restaurant) you have posbox only, and scanner is connected to posbox; in such a case module 'hardware barcode reader' (or similar name) needs to be installed (in general: in case when barcode reader is connected to orher hardware than the one when odoo server is running.

regards

Tomasz

Not asking for separate module, I am trying to find out with javascript program in point of sale module validates barcode read by barcode scanner, I assume there is a listener that runs waiting for barcode when POS start.

JC
on 11/12/14, 6:26 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/12/14, 6:34 AM
Seen: 1470 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM