Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Which database am I working in?

By
Gilles Lehoux
on 3/10/13, 1:14 PM 1,696 views

At the login, you can choose which database to go in to. You could have two copies of a database. One for testing, one for production. Once logged in, how can you tell which database you're in? Is it displayed somewhere in the interface?

joshuajan
On 3/10/13, 1:34 PM

There are two ways:

1.You will find your database name beside your user name after activate the debug mode

2.Go to web/addons/web/static/src/js/chrome.js commet this line

//if(instance.session.debug)
    topbar_name = _.str.sprintf("%s (%s)", topbar_name, instance.session.db);

You will keep the database name without the debug mode.

any way to active it without the debug mode? like modifiying a line of code somewhere in web module?

Felipe
on 3/12/13, 2:00 AM

@Felipe yes. you can modify the js script.

joshuajan
on 3/12/13, 2:51 AM
Ethan Furman
On 3/11/13, 9:12 PM

What I have done to get around this problem is to create two bookmarks (or favorites if you're stuck with IE), each one with the database embedded in the URL:

http: //my.openerp.server/?db=Production#

and

http: //my.openerp.server/?db=Testing#

That way a quick glance at the address bar tells me which database I am in.

(My apologies for the broken urls -- apparently I don't have enough karma to post links. sigh)

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/10/13, 1:14 PM
Seen: 1696 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM